- Volunteer Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Abbeville Opera House! We welcome anyone interested in dedicating their time and talents to consider becoming a volunteer. Many of our volunteers get involved by ushering performances.
- Welcome guests and distribute programs.
- Be able to read tickets and assist guests in finding seats.
- Be able to listen to guests, answer questions, or refer them to someone who can.
- Arrive at scheduled time and remain the duration of the show.
- Be positive, enthusiastic, and friendly.
- Have a desire to serve our guests.
If you’re interested in being an usher, please complete the application below. Once we receive your application, we will contact you about performance dates and scheduling.
- Ushers may attend the production they are helping with free of charge once the audience has been seated.
- Ushers become part of the Opera House family and help ensure the Opera House is around for future generations!
Scheduling and Attendance:
- Scheduling is on a first come, first served basis.
- Conflicts and emergencies happen, but we rely on ushers to be present and committed to their shifts. Ushers should advise supervisors that they are unable to attend at least 24 hours before their scheduled shift if at all possible.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Ushering is simply one of many ways to get involved in Opera House performances, other volunteer opportunities include set construction, strike, lights, sound, stage management, acting, concessions work, cleaning, backstage assistance and much more! No matter what your specific skill set is, the Opera House can certainly find a way for you to help.
If you’re interested in volunteering, please complete the application below. Once we receive your application, we will reach out. We often have open houses when set construction is taking place, feel free to just drop by and help!
- Volunteers become part of the Opera House family and help ensure the Opera House is around for future generations!
- Volunteers may attend the production they are helping with free of charge.
Times will be posted closer to dates.
Set Construction- August 10th and 11th
Set Construction- September 7th and 8th
Set Construction- September 28th-30th
Set Construction- November 1st-3rd